Sunday, October 17, 2010

Perpetual apology

I live a life of perpetual apology
In constant repentance for those that came before me
At dawn from the same bible they read as me
By dusk they were hanging black men from trees
We both claim salvation by the man who bled for the lost
a freedom from death
for them a right to stand behind a burning cross
From histories books I read and weep
Seeing the "Crusades" were done in the name of him with pierced hands and pierced feet
I live mindfully sorrow of the pain my "Christian" brothers cause as they murder murdering doctors all in the name of Moses and his laws
I hang my head in shame when I look at all the yesterdays on which we have stained
I wonder if his is enough to cover the blood on our hands which still remains
I listen to the bigot from his box of soap on on about hell and sin never mentioning grace love or hope
For the terror and offense we have caused I can not make amends
I can only pray his blood is mighty enough to cleanse
Penitence is what I seek
Knowing tomorrow someone will be repenting on behalf of me

1 comment:

jhelene said...

I love it! I am so proud of you!